Well, the dachshund actually showed no interest at all in being involved with drawing a name out of a hat, however the two small humans who share his home were ridiculously excited!
I printed your lovely comments cut & folded them up & let them draw a name out.
Congratulations to Maze who will receive the paper patterns in the mail.4 days agoI would like to be entered to win the dress pattern. Thank you for giving so many choices!
and yes, I was so touched by the other giveaway hosts that I'm acting on both options ;)
A $10 gift voucher for Mari's store goes to Becky of Sew and So
I do hope you enjoy your Avocado hoodie, RoseHip tights, Honeycrisp mittens or Dandelion dress, or all of them, as much as much as my helpers enjoyed selecting your names!)
There's a SewAlong for the Avocado Hoodie up and running as I type - I look forward to seeing some of your creations there as well!
The lovely Dani of One Small Stitch has nominated me for a Liebster award, along with these wonderful bloggers (and I've really enjoyed visiting and reading their blogs!)
- Lady Sewalot
- A Good Talking To
- Where is My Instruction Manual?
- Seams Odd, Louise
- The Somnolent Dachshund (well, ok, this is me)
The guidelines are that we keep the blog love flowing and link back to the blogger that nominated us - Thank you Dani of One Small Stitch
- What was your best holiday ever? I've had many, many holidays, but I did the classic Aussie trip to Europe for a year on my own when I was 25 and learnt SO very much about my own strengths, resilience and flexibility and of the kindness of strangers that it's influenced who I am forever since.
- What is something that comes easily to you? Smiling. We joke that I have 'please approach & talk to me' tattooed on my forehead
- What is your favourite thing about your home? My family, they are what makes it a home - Maci of course is front & centre there ;)
- Early bird or night owl? So definitely nocturnal, and I love the silence before dawn.
- Who was your first crush? Michael Hutchence of INXS - first album, second live concert, amazing talent.
- What two things do you want to do before you die? Take my boys around Australia & the world, swimming in clear volcanic lakes, camping in the desert & experiencing so many of the wonderful cultures as well as our own - and to kiss their children and make magical memories with them.
- What makes you laugh? The giggle of a preschooler is pretty hard to resist
- What was the best decision you ever made? Going back and deciding to marry my husband and have our sons.
- What are you most afraid of? Losing them.
- What three wishes would you request from a genie? Long life, perfect health and the same for all I love.
- What is the most essential thing you've learned so far? People are people, we all love & get scared & all the rest of it.
And you want 11 facts as well?? ;)
- I wear PJs to work.
- There are sharks and meercats there.
- I'm a breastfeeding counsellor
- It's voluntary.
- My fave quote is "This too shall pass".
- My guilty pleasure is sci-fi/fantasy novels.
- I adore Grace Kelly's wardrobe in High Society.
- I've spent time on 6 of the 7 continents.
- Yes, I've not made it to Antarctica yet.
- I used to work as a house model (those poor garment samples).
- The sport I was most competent at was rock climbing.
Being the kind person that I am …Actually, it's really showing my rebellious streak - I was corrected once when I nominated myself as a 'play by the rules' girl & had a list of examples of my general rebelliousness presented with a flourish…..
So, as an act of Leibster rebellion …
My 6 bloggers only have 5 qns & 5 facts from me ;) - and they can be as verbose as they wish ;)
- 1. Play by the rules or rebel? Please choose and elaborate ;)
- 2. Biggest influence on you today? (movie/film/person/experience - it's an open question)
- 3. Favourite guilty pleasure or reward
- 4. The advice/comment you'd give to your past self (hindsight is always 20:20)
- 5. Favourite food - I love food & I love reading everyone's thoughts on what makes a favourite food ;)
And please, if you wouldn't mind, 5 random facts about yourself that you're willing to share
And, please pass the award on, in whatever guise you wish (see, I'm enabling again!)
- if you would like the keep the 11 questions & facts going, please, be my guest - I'll select the first and every odd qn from those Dani asked me above for your extra 6 ;)
Oh, my nominations! ... the lucky ones I've chosen as I really enjoy reading their blogs and hope you do too are:
Jenny of the Cashmerettes
Tone of Stitches and Pearls
Phillipa of Gloria & Me
and Michelle of Handmade Martini